Monday, December 23, 2013

Baby Blessings!

     The joys of children! Truly, I can't think of a greater gift from the Lord than the gift of a child-biological or  adopted. Children bring joys and tests. They bring accountability and vision to our lives...for them and us. They teach us patience, organization, mediation, and cooperation. The list goes on. We see the world stripped of pretence when we look through their eyes. The ordinary becomes extraordinary when we get down to there level and explore.
     Truly we are blessed to experience the bliss of new life coming through us. With glad rejoicing we present, Gideon.

     
     Ok, I know. Gideon was born in July and its....well December. We've been busy! But he has been a delightful addition to our family. His presence has encouraged the children to be tender and merciful when he is fussy and joyful in his milestones and accomplishments....however small. Gideon has been a joy for me as well. He also shows me my own selfishness as I yearn to express my creativity in non-baby outlets. (Like making a quilt or other project.) As Daniel says, these days are short and one day I will look back and yearn for them again. It is better to enjoy them than wish them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment