Sunday, January 1, 2017

Motivation To Keep Up Keeping On

           Have you ever needed the motivation to keep up with a project and to see it through to its end? This feels applicable to any of life's endeavors, even life itself. Half done projects are a drain to the spirit and yet so often I am stalled, looking for the imputes to finish what has been started.

            I try to savor every step in a forward direction, every step that makes the goal seem closer. But what does one do when the obstacles  in the path make the goal seem unrealistic? It is one thing to feel like one is running up hill. It is another thing entirely to feel like one is on a hamster wheel going no where or worse sliding backwards, further and further away from the goal.
           I am convinced it has something to do with passion. People all around the globe have surmounted great odds because the goal was worth more than life itself. Decluttering my life of goals that don't call with passion could also make the important goals more feasible.
           But what to do with goals that we seem to self-impose upon ourselves due to the expectations of others? For me that means a sparkling clean house. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but sparkling anything is not my thing....not to mention the futility of it with four children who are six and under.
         It is a new year on the Gregorian calendar. I plan to give up some of the guilt I burden myself with along with other people's expectations. I am hoping that will keep the focus on projects I am passionate about. What motivates you?
         
         

No comments:

Post a Comment